Black Creek Pioneer Village

Black Creek Pioneer Village
Mill Road, looking toward the carriage works (1867, Sebringville).

Black Creek Pioneer Village was established in the 1960's to demonstrate life in central Ontario in the 1860's. The buildings of the old Stong Farm along Black Creek already existed on the site. Other buildings were moved here from other nearby communities.

For the first time in 2009, the village was open to the public during March break. Not all of the buildings were open because the weather was still too cool. But enough buildings were open to make the visit worthwhile. The result is an album of photos providing a view of the village few regular visitors have seen before.

Album

Click on the thumbnail to see the full photo.

Entrance to Stong Farm
The buildings of the Stong Farm formed the basis for Black Creek Pioneer Village.
Queen Street
View down Queen Street from in front of the Halfway House.
Halfway House Kitchen
The kitchen of the Halfway House.
Halfway House Parlor
The front parlor of the Halfway House.
View Toward the Stong Farm
View toward the Stong Farm from Mill Road, near the school.
Outhouses
Outhouses behind the school.
Fisherville Church
The Fisherville Church is at the far north-west corner of the village.
View Over the Mill Pond
View over the pond towards Roblin's Mill.
Laskay Emporium
The Laskay Emporium as seen from the Stong Farm.
Harness Shop and Saddlery
Harness Shop and Saddlery seen from the Stong Farm.
Blacksmith Shop
Blacksmith Shop on Mill Road.
Roblin's Mill
Roblin's Mill as seen from Mill Road, east of the mill.
Doctor's House
The Doctor's House at the east end of Mill Road.
Burwick House
The Burwick House can be found at the corner of Mill Road and Queen Street.
Dickson's Hill School
The Dickson's Hill School is a typical one room school from the 1860's.

Neighborhood

Vaughn
  Black Creek Pioneer Village  
    York University