Charles Sauriol Conservation Reserve (South)

Charles Sauriol Conservation Reserve
East Don River (June 2007).

Much of the land on either side of the East Don River between Don Mills Road and Lawrence Avenue East belongs to the Charles Sauriol Conservation Reserve.

Charles Sauriol Conservation Reserve
East Don River (February 1983).

As a boy scout, Charles Sauriol first camped in this area in the early 1920's. In 1927, Sauriol acquied part of these lands, and from then on, dedicated himself to the preservation of the valley's resources. The publically owned conservation reserve finally became a reality on September 6, 1989.

Charles Sauriol Conservation Reserve
East Don River (February 1983).

These photos were taken in the southern part of the reserve, within a short walk of the parking lot off Don Mills Road. A narrow trail leads under the Don Valley Parkway, along the East Don River, and ends at the CN railroad tracks. The railroad line is a busy one, and so proceeding further is not recommended. Watch for the poison ivy on either side of the trail.

Charles Sauriol Conservation Reserve
Geese swimming in the Don River.

Charles Sauriol Conservation Reserve
Ducks feeding in the Don River.

Charles Sauriol Conservation Reserve
View along railroad tracks towards DVP bridge and Don Mills Road bridge (February 1983).

Neighborhood

ET Seton Park Flemingdon Park Don Valley
Thorncliffe Park Charles Sauriol CR (S)
Don Valley Taylor Creek Park